Tuesday, November 17, 2009

GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra on Blu Ray Review



I watched G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra on Blu Ray this weekend in our home theater with my husband. Since I had picked up two romantic comedies, I figured I should pick up something with some action, as well.

My husband hated it! We generally liked director Stephen Sommers previous works, including the Mummy movies and the Scorpion King. Movies that sound great in the home theater, and that the whole family can enjoy together. Sienna Miller's performance as the Baroness fell flat, she does not sell her tough kick ass traitor role and Channing Tatum just fell victim to a poorly written script, but truly the only performance I really enjoyed was Rip Cord's played by Marlon Wayanns. He keeps the movie moving. The other issue I have with G.I. Joe, is why produce a movie clearly targeted for younger audiences and make it overtly violence so it receives a PG-13 rating? The action was not worth it, would have been better off, focusing on a younger audience that might have a greater ability to shrug off ridiculous inconsistencies in the story. My recommendation: don't bother, I fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment