Wednesday, December 28, 2011
Whenever you think of professional grade power amps for large concert style PA systems, the name Crown immediately comes to mind, and for good reason. Crown has been making “tried and true” amplifiers since the late 50’s, which has established Crown as one of the leaders in audio electronics. Well a lot has changed in the past 60 years, especially in regards to music technology, but one thing has remained constant and that is Crown’s ability to harness new technologies to provide a quality power amp for just about any audio application big or small. Crown designs several different series of amps; each series usually incorporates 4 different models that offer various power levels but house the same great features. This way there is sure to be a Crown amplifier that fits your needs and budget.
One of the newer series that offers this great versatility and some staple features that Crown is known for, is the XTi series. Available in a 1000, 2000, 4000, and a 6000 this particular line offers great functions like integrated DSP that allows you to quickly and easily configure crossovers, EQ, limiting and delay, along with tools like a pink noise generator, subharmonic synthesizer, and universal tracking switch-mode power supply, which reduces power draw and waste heat. And as the first line of Crown amps to use Icepak™ thermal modeling software, they are at the top of their class when it comes to thermal efficiency and lightweight portability.
Here is a breakdown of the key features that the Crown XTi series amp offers:
•Integrated speaker presets with LCD front panel display
• Accurate, uncolored sound with very low distortion for the best in music and voice reproduction
• Advanced protection circuitry guards against: shorted output, open circuits, DC, mis-matched loads, general overheating, high-frequency overloads and internal faults
• Extremely versatile, handling a wide range of speaker impedances and outputs
• Switch-mode universal power supply
• Speaker presets for crossover frequencies, EQ, limiting, and delay
• All products ﬁll 2U rack spaces and weigh under 19 lb (24 lb for XTi 6000); weight sets a new standard in lightweight amps
• Speakon® and binding post outputs, XLR inputs and loop-thrus
• Comprehensive LED status per channel
With features and functionality like these, the XTi series proves once again that Crown is king when it comes to making great quality amplifiers and sound reinforcement products. Check out the XTi series today to find one that fits your needs! OnlyFactoryDirect.com offers free shipping and a 30-day Money Back "No Hassle" Guarantee.